Saturday, November 01, 2008
NaBloPoMo
I'm going to give it another try. I'm pretty sure I'll fail, but I won't know unless I try.

Speaking of trying, Election Day is approaching. Please vote. I would like for you to vote for my guy, but either way, you should vote.

I stopped by the local campaign headquarters for my guy the other day to see what kind of swag they still had. I walked out with 3 posters, 2 stickers, a long-overdue yard sign, and a temporary tattoo. I'm perplexed by the tattoo, but might put it on anyway. Just for fun. (in an inconspicuous spot so as not to be prohibited from voting.)

From one of the free posters and it gives me chills every time I read it:

I will never forget that the only reason that I'm standing here today is because somebody, somewhere stood up for me when it was risky. Stood up when it was hard. Stood up when it wasn't popular. And because that somebody stood up, a few more stood up. And then a few thousand stood up. And then a few million stood up. And standing up with courage and clear purpose, they somehow managed to change the world.
-Barack Obama

Let's change the world, shall we?

Labels: ,



3 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

I'll see your chills and raise you a tear. There's still SO much standing up to do, and this guy inspires me.

OpenID twoblueday said...

Stupid wordpress is driving me nuts today.

Even if Mr. Obama gets elected with good majority in both Houses of Congress, never forget the stubbornness of inertia, and the law of entropy.

Anonymous o'mama said...

He IS inspiring and that scares a whole lot of people. I am excited (cautiously, you understand) for what he'll do for this country...

Good luck and have fun with Nablopomo! I'm embarking on the same thing and I look forward to reading you every day!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer