Tuesday, October 17, 2006
When did this happen?
For years I only ever cared about TV for one hour per week. Wednesdays (then Sundays) at 9:00. West Wing was the only show worth watching. Now, I surfed the tube as much as the next person, but rarely caught more than a few minutes of this or that. But for my West Wing hour, I was in pure heaven. I loved everything about that show.

As you might imagine, I am a big fan of the new show, Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip. Written by the great Aaron Sorkin and produced by Tommy Schlamme, it's the West Wing all over again, only for TV instead of politics. Aaron Sorkin writes like I want to write. His words don't just read well, they sing. His conversational style has a rhythm, a cadence. It's unique to him and I adore it.

Of course, the 5 or so actors from the West Wing that are now on Studio 60 make it that much better for me! Oh, Brad Whitford; Oh Matthew Perry, Tim Busfield and the rest....I am so happy to see you back on my TV.

Studio 60 wouldn't be a problem, especially since the West Wing's done. An hour for an hour. Still even. BUT. TV is so much better now than, I think, it has ever been. So much TV to watch, so little time.

Monday - Studio 60
Tuesday - House (man, I love this show)
Wednesday - nothing (yet)
Thursday - hello....GREY'S ANATOMY. Enough said.
Friday - Monk & Psych (USA Network...you're killing me with the break in new shows)
Saturday - nothing (yet)
Sunday - Brothers and Sisters

there are so many more.....I need TIVO.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blech... I just can't get into "shows" anymore. I don't believe them. Since Seinfeld, only 2 shows have really caught my attention... and they don't have to be believable... just fun! Scrubs (at least for the first season or two) and now The Office. They're funny, period. Otherwise, give me the Food Network or turn the damn thing off! :-)

Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

Oh, you SERIOUSLY need TiVo. We've had it practically since it was invented (my husband, in addition to being smart and funny, is a techno-geek - we get all the cool stuff as soon as it comes out. As a matter of fact, I think we even on TiVo stock...) and I love, love, LOVE it. Go here ( http://theinnerdoor.blogspot.com/2006/07/noooooooo.html ) to read about the horrors that ensued after a lightning strike. As a result, we now have FIVE TiVo boxes in the house. That's right - five.

Our list is as follows:

Monday - Heroes, Studio 60
Tuesday - Dead Like Me, House
Wednesday - The Nine
Thursday - GREY'S ANATOMY (I'm SO with you on this one) CSI and ER (and we can do all that because we have FIVE TiVo boxes!)
Friday - NUM3RS, Ghost Whisperer

We also catch various episodes of Mythbusters and Good Eats; we like to watch them with the girls.

I love t.v.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer