Thursday, November 29, 2007
Um, hi?
I sort of abandoned you, Internet. I swear it wasn't intentional. Did I tell you I got a part time retail job? I can't remember. Anyway, this little crappy paying part time retail job is kicking my ass. Seriously. It's about 30 hours a week and I forgot how hard it is to stand on your feet all day. I have tried pretty much every black shoe in my closet and can still barely walk at the end of the day. Today I went out and bought mostly-black New Balance tennies. (I didn't pay that much for them.) Hopefully they work because Holy Mother do my feet hurt.

Let's see what else? I blew the NaBloPoMo thing. I thought I could do it and feel like a putz for not taking the time because I was really enjoying it.

OH! R and I went to see Spamalot!!! Oh my GAWD it was so fantastic. I don't even know where to start. Guess I should start with a SPOILER ALERT! I'm going to divulge some jokes and plot and whatnot, so be warned.

I knew Spamalot spoofed Monty Python and the Holy Grail, but I wasn't expecting the spoofing of various musicals. They bottle dance from Fiddler, the lake and exploding chandelier from Phantom, so many others but those were my favorite spoofs from musicals. So many songs were so great! I loved "He's Not Dead Yet", "You Won't Succeed On Broadway", "His Name Is Lancelot," and "I'm All Alone." I loved them all, actually. There wasn't a bad song during the whole thing and the jokes were so damn funny. When the big light up Star of David came from the sky, I though R and I were going to die from laughter.

I could go on and on and on.....but I seem to have lost my writing voice, my rhythm. I hate that I'm so scattered right now. I can't seem to put thoughts together. I'm struggling with getting back into the work scene. It's just retail and I'm actually really good at it. I sure wish it paid more, though, you know? The hours are actually decent - I'm on the day shift and usually don't work past 5. A few days til 7 since it's the holidays, but only once a week or so. Usually my shift is anywhere from 9-3 to 10-5. It's perfect for getting Booger off to school and getting home before dinner. I just didn't realize how much of an adjustment it would be, both physically and mentally. I'm coming around, though. I hope you didn't give up on me during my little siesta from the Internet :-)

Love,
Snob


6 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

I certainly didn't give up on you, though I WAS starting to worry.

You deserve a medal. I could NEVER work retail again, and I certainly couldn't work it around the holidays. Holy Mother, indeed!

Welcome back, my friend. Now go put your feet up!

Blogger Karen Jensen said...

Great to have you back, Snob.

I hope the retail job is temporary--it sounds grueling.

Blogger Lanie said...

I had missed you! I've been checking on you almost daily . . . jobs are highly over-rated, don't you think?

I cannot wait until Sunday when it's finally my turn to go to Spamalot. I hope my husband enjoys it, he can be a stick-in-the-mud type sometimes, but this was my gift to him and I really want to hear some guffaws!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"...That he bats for the other team..."
I am glad to have you back, as well, my friend and I thrilled you loved Spamalot. I saw it nearly 2 years ago and I still haven't fully recovered. Now, go get yourself some tea and sit and read!

Blogger Kizz said...

Those New Balance should really do the trick, good call.

Just keep writing as often as you can, the rhythm will come back.

Blogger Laur said...

hey Grammar Snob, I went to college "in english" and then went on to spent many a weekend working retail. My "day off" was Wednesday from 2 until 6. That sucked. I know your pain.

This world does not give enough credit to the people that can think. This world gives way too much credit to the people that vote without thinking.

Sad, but true,

Love your blog, please keep posting

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer