Sunday, December 09, 2007
Christmas cards
I'm still designing my Christmas cards. I'm making them instead of buying. The one problem is the working on the inside. None of my stamp sets have decent inside wording. They are all simply "happy holidays" or "have a merry Christmas."

This year, especially, I wanted to do something a little more personal. I am really not a fan of the Christmas letter, it just seems arrogant to me. But this year, of all years, needed something more. We survived this year. We are stronger and better and much more aware of how incredibly lucky we are to have this life together.

I pre-printed blank cards on the computer and will be designing/decorating the fronts. The inside will say this:

This year, we celebrate the peace and joy of Christmas with extra gratitude for those we hold dear. We look ahead with renewed faith and hope. Have a wonderfully Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Love, The Snob Family

(Act surprised when you receive it)

Lots to tell you about, friends. This weekend we celebrated Booger's sixth birthday. I'm still recovering from a weekend full of go go go but can't wait to tell you about it. I used to laugh when people complained about time flying. But, holy crap. She's 6!

Labels: , ,



5 Comments:

Blogger Kizz said...

I've never heard those letters called arrogant before. I've never thought about it that way. I actually kind of like getting them. I think they're the precursor to the blog in a way.

Blogger Kashinath said...

Christmas is on 25th of December, we have brought for you, a huge collection of Christmas cards.

Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

Since I've been so bad about getting christmas cards out these last few years, I sent a New Years letter last year. I think it went over okay, but I'm going to try for the cards this year again.

I know what you mean about Booger. I look at my girls fairly regularly and say "who are you and what have you done with my babies!!?"

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We STILL haven't taken our photo, but we will get to it this weekend. We will so!

I also don;t think the letters are arrogant - they are informative, designed to go to many people, people who are your friends or loved ones. Bring one on.
As for your little Booger, I really know what you're feeling as I too, practically gasp when I see my girls and their frightening growth rate.

Hugs!

Blogger Unknown said...

Ugh! I'll be getting my Christmas cards out late this year. I wanted to get the girls in at Portrait Innovations and was told on Dec. 2 that they were already booked through Dec. 27! I went to Sears...BLAH! I won't get the pictures back until Dec. 21! I at least purchased the cards so I can get them signed and addressed so I can just insert the pictures when I get them.

Happy Birthday to Booger! Time does fly, I'm reminded of that every time I look at my girls.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer