Thursday, February 07, 2008
Ten things
I missed Ten Things Tuesday, but I love alliteration, so we'll have Ten Things Thursday. Because really....Ten Things Wednesday just doesn't sound right. I thought this week I'd list ten things you may not know about me. Please hold your applause, or perhaps your gasps of horror until the end.

1. I always think I am one step away from becoming addicted to pain killers. Any time I'm prescribed anything stronger than Tylen*l I freak out and assume taking one pill will result in addiction.

2. I over use the comma in my writing.

3. I used to play the clarinet. Quite well, actually. I sort of miss it. I often wonder if I should dust it off and try it again.

4. I am a news junkie. I read it, watch it, crave it.

5. I love cereal. Some of my guilty pleasures include Cookie Crisp, Lucky Charms, and Honey Smacks.

6. I drive a 10 year old car that I bought used. It has 170,000+ miles on it and I plan on driving it until it simply can not be driven any more. (that sounded dirtier than I intended)

7. I enjoy being the Teacher's Pet.

8. I sleep with an old tattered quilt that has holes and tears in it. But it's soft and cozy and feels just right. I do not share it with R. It is my quilt. Mine.

9. Every time I wake up at night, for whatever reason, I have to get out of bed, walk down the hall and check on Booger. Not only do I peek into her room, I sneak right up on her and watch her sleep for a minute. I adjust her blankets, kiss her cheek and push her hair out of her face. Then I go back to my room to sleep.

10. I took my acrylic nails off. Again. I'll try Chili's method to pretty nails and see if I can manage it. I've never had pretty hands, but always wanted them.

Labels:



1 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

I have a secret love of Lucky Charms. I keep a box in the back of the cereal cabinet; I don't eat them every day, but sometimes they're the only thing that'll do.

I'm tellin' ya, Sweetie - Burt's Bees Lemon Cuticle Cream. Buy three - put one next to the couch to use while you're watching t.v. (the news?), one next to your bed, and one in your purse to use whenever you find yourself sitting around with nothing to do (waiting in lines or doctor's offices, sitting in traffic, that sort of thing). I've been acrylic-free for more than a year and though my thumb nails STILL split about halfway down every once in a while (I think that's genetic), every other nail is strong and pretty!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer