Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Ten Things.....on TUESDAY!
I'm still waiting for the official grades to post. I'm confident in the grades I received, but am too much of a pansy-ass Karma fearer to put them up here before they're official.

In the meantime, I thought I could tell you ten random things from my first Finals Week.

1. Booger cannot decide what she wants to be when she grows up. She thinks maybe either a veterinarian or a vegetarian. She's not sure.

2. 8 people didn't show up for the Psych final. Didn't even show up. The final was worth 200 points and 40% of our grade. And open-book. How can you have so few points that 200 doesn't even get you a D?

3. I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up.

4. I retained much more information throughout the semester than I thought I would.

5. The sphenoid bone looks like a butterfly.
photo credit

6. Our A&P professor liked us so much she's trying to get our summer A&P 2 class!

7. My Psych professor encouraged me to pursue even higher education and reminded me that it is possible if I want it badly enough.

8. My buddy arrived safe and sound in the Philippines. I'd be much more sad if he didn't have internet access. The internet makes it possible for us to chat daily and that certainly takes the edge off. It's not the same, but it sure does help.

9. I quit Large Retail Store. I worked some temp stuff last week, I had an interview yesterday, and a couple other prospects out there. I have faith that the Universe wants me to succeed, therefore will help me to do so. This may not occur in a way that I expect, but it will occur. I am sure of it.

10. I'm actually sad that classes are over. Learning these new things rekindled a confidence I forgot I had.

Labels:



4 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

1. Tell Booger she can be BOTH! Aim high, Girlfriend!

2. I LOVE listening to students in the hallways. The other day, three kids were walking behind me, discussing tests. One was complaining about an upcoming test, and the second one said "DUDE! It's OPEN BOOK. HOW can you fail that?" and the third one said (swear to Goddess), "OH, BELIEVE me, you can fail an open book test. Last term? I got a 30 on an open book test, and I had some MAD notes!"

Kinda makes ya wonder, doesn't it?

3. You'll know when you know. Don't stress about it. Be what you are now.

4. I TOLD you that you'd be a great student! I love it when I'm right.

5. Okay, we've not covered the sphenoid bone in YNG. Where the hell is it?

6. I've felt like this with one or two of my classes, but only one or two. Most, I'm sad to say, I'm happy to see go out the door at the end of the semester.

7. You CAN and you SHOULD (but only if you WANT to)

8. Isn't the internet grand? Without it, I'd likely never have met you, and I'd not be able to be friends with lots of other wonderful people in my life (either that, or I'd have CRAZY phone bills).

9. It's trite, but it's true. When one door closes, another opens. You've gotta be paying attention, though, and willing to walk through it. Remember the West Wing and the man in the flood...

10. Are you taking anything next semester?

Blogger The Grammar Snob said...

Chili,
I'm on for 7 credits this summer and 10 so far in the fall.....

Blogger The Grammar Snob said...

Oh, and the Sphenoid bone is in the skull...behind your orbits (eyes).

Blogger Karen Jensen said...

I'm proud of you, Snob! Congratulations on the end of a successful semester.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer