Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Ten Things Tuesday
Pure random today, friends. I hope you are all well. I miss you terribly.

1. I was up until after 11 playing Chinese checkers with 2 of my buddies. Online. IM'ing and playing Chinese checkers while lying in bed was incredibly relaxing. I miss my buddy who's on the other side of the world, but I miss him a little bit less when he's kicking my ass in Chinese checkers.

2. My grades finally posted. GPA: 4.0. Academic status: Honors. I simply can not believe it.

3. I have new readers!!! Many new readers leaving wonderfully kind comments. I'm working my way over to your blogs, I promise. Thank you for coming. Please stay awhile, won't you?

4. I started my new job and am adjusting to less online time. I sort of miss hanging out in my jammies all day. But I'm not going to miss not making any money, you know?

5. Booger got a new bike today. The riding without training wheels started. It went better than expected, but there's still so far to go. Any hints other than nail biting? Cause that's what I'm doing.

6. You know what I missed about having a real office job? Getting to wear my cool shoes. It's like Christmas looking through all the shoe boxes.

7. I start school in a few weeks and am so excited.....I miss it. I'm such a nerd!

8. I saw a dark green Prius on the way home today. It's the first non-silver one I think I've ever seen in real life. Isn't that odd? Do the silver ones get even better gas mileage?

9. I can't even explain how much I HATE it when the news media declares an election winner with 0% of precincts reporting. I know they're rarely wrong, but really? You can't wait until at least some of the votes are actually, you know, counted? Sheesh.

10. My trunk still stinks. Any suggestions for removing rotten milk from trunk carpet? Yes, the thought of buying a new car has crossed my mind. :-)

Labels:



10 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

#2 - I'm not in the LEAST bit surprised - and neither should you be....

#7 - I am, too. I'm seriously considering taking a course next fall...

#10 - empty out the trunk, douse it in carpet cleaner, let that sit, then vacuum the ever loving Hell out of it (or, alternately, have it professionally steam cleaned). Then, leave an open box of baking soda in there whenever you're home.

Good luck with that...

Anonymous Anonymous said...

White vinegar will kill a lot of heinous odors. If it is a specific are of milk, try scrubiing with thte vinegar, then when it dries do the baking soda thing for a while. Dump it all over and levae it for a few days, then vaccum.

Or buy a RED Prius, which I saw the other day.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I CAN spell, but apparently not until after I have had my cfoffe

Blogger Heather said...

You know, I have believed for years vinegar would get rid of the smell of anything. Well, it can't do anything for the smell of moth balls, dangit! Neither can copious amounts of Oxyclean. But it might work on milk.

Blogger Kizz said...

Re: #2, I can believe. Not surprised one bit.

Re: #10, what about a green Prius, I hear they're beautiful. :)

Blogger Lanie said...

Ooh, I want to play chinese checkers online!

My Prius is "champagne" colored and there are lots of blue and light greens around on the south end as well. You're just on the wrong end of town! We get about 45 mpg.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

#2 As my daughter snarkily says to me and of course I don't mean it that way for you, "No, Duh?!" Congrats to you, your fabulous student, you.

#4 So where are you working and what are you doing?

# 7 I miss school, too. Don't know when I will go back, but I will.

#8 Husband's Prius is also champagne. I love me the BLUE ones, but sadly I am still driving a SUV and not the car that last night was getting 61 mpg (now that ethanol isn't in the gas anymore).

#10. Nature's Miracle - seriously! Go to the petstore and use that for odors and stains - it WILL work.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm anonymous. And an idjit.

Blogger Penny Ratzlaff said...

Found you from Random Ramblings

A rotten milk- smelling trunk. Sounds like trade-in time to me.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job on your GPA and honors. That's fantastic.

I would take the car to be professionally cleaned personally.

I too am heading back to work, but I cannot decide if I will forgo sleep time to be online or not. Eye gouging anyone?

Love your 10 thing Tuesdays.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer