Sunday, November 08, 2009
Trouble in River City
My school has recently lost it's national accreditation for the program in which I am enrolled. There is recent documentation to lead me to believe they knew 2 years ago that this was happening, then were notified it happened in July. The students in the program were not notified until October.

There is a whole lotta he said she said bullshit happening right now. I'm considering switching schools, except once you've started the clinical cirriculum it's a pain in the ass, not to mention it's very hard to get into on a good day...now with hundreds of other students wanting to do the same, well -- it's a grade A clusterfuck.

More as I can decipher to facts. A law suit has been filed by a handful of students, I'm interested to see if it turns into a class action.

Gah, I didn't need more drama.

Labels:



2 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

*I* know why they didn't tell you. It's the same reason they didn't tell the TCC students that they'd be closing the school. Say it with me now: Ree-Ten-Shun. They wanted your money, and they knew they wouldn't get it if they were honest.

Blogger Kizz said...

This happened to a HS classmate of mine. He's a chef getting his business degree and it happened TWICE. Fortunately for him he could move to online courses to finish out the degree but getting back his money from the school and getting his transcript so his credit could be transferred was nightmarish. So sorry this is going down for you.

Want to hear about the biopsy, too. I think results happen today?

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer