Thursday, November 02, 2006
Vacation notes
It's already Thursday of my vacation and let's see how many things I've checked off my to-do list. Hmm. Wait....nope, not one damn thing. I have added a few things that's weren't on there but were subsequently added, completed and checked off. But those don't really count because really, they are just a diversion from doing the things I should be doing. I should be packing and boxing non-essential stuff so when I put my house up for sale (after Christmas, probably), it will be less full of stuff, thus more full of....well, opportunity to sell, I hope. (Holy run-on sentence, Batman!) I want to sell it by owner. I am cheap and do not wish to pay a realtor 7% to take pictures, put them on the web and let people in. I am pretty sure I can handle that. So, I will try. And likely fail, end up getting a realtor, paying them 7%, then coming here to complain about the injustice of it all. I want to sell this house before we even consider building a new one. You heard right, we're thinking of building a house. From scratch. Do you have any idea how many decisions go into this process? I haven't even signed anything yet and the decisions are coming out of my ears. I'm not sure I will ever get passed deciding what I want the thing to look like. OH, I know what it looks like. In my head. It's perfect. It is wonderful. It is THE place to be. All of our friends hang out there, it is full of laughter and love. And while I want this more than I originally thought I would, I can not take the first step. The first step of boxing stuff up. I've been trying for weeks. But that first step causes the next step and the next after that. So damn many decisions. So many. So, my vacation that was supposed to have been spent boxing and purging and organizing has been spent in the recliner with my nose stuck in a book. Which, honestly...between you and me? Was so much more fun.


1 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

Questions abound! Where are you moving? Why? Do you think it wise to sell your house BEFORE you've someplace else to land (I'm SUCH a security whore that I could never DREAM of such a move. The ducks? They must be in a row!).

Oh, and whatcha readin'?

:)

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer