Tuesday, September 04, 2007
Ten Things Tuesday
Hey there. It's been ages since I've written. Not for lack of material, I promise you. Just sheer lack of energy to write it down.

Once again I'll hide behind the ten things list to catch up on what's going on.

1. Booger started Kindergarten. Can you freaking believe it? We walked with her to the classroom the first day and she's doing well. I tried to tell the teacher she's reading already, but she didn't really want to listen to me. I'm going to let it go for a bit - let her get used to her students....but then, if Booger's not being challenged in school I'll speak to her again. But, it's a Catholic School that we paid a hefty tuition for. I don't think it's unreasonable for me to request they challenge my kid. Right?

2. R began cardiac rehab and is really progressing! I think his pain is more under control and he is doing really great.

3. Still no job leads. I'm starting to get a bit nervous, but trying to remain positive.

4. I'm so relieved for summer to be over. This summer has been hell.

5. As much as I am happy to see summer go away, so many good things have come from all that we have been through. R & I are closer than ever. I am closer with many people and have forged relationships I will cherish for years.

6. My oven is supposed to get fixed today. I can't wait. The stove top works just fine, but the oven has been off-and-on for months. I'm sick and tired of not being able to bake. It's one of the things I do to calm down. I'm giddy with the thought that I can bake something later today!

7. R bought me a Nintendo DS! I am having way too much fun with it for a thirty...uh, something adult! It is so fun! Between Brain Age 2 and The New Super Mario Bros, I'm totally addicted.

8. Booger's running cross country for school! You haven't seen fun until you've seen a bunch of 5 year olds running a race, that's for sure. First meet is Saturday. I'm sure I'll have some great stories by then.

9. My favorite color is blue. But lately, orange is a close second.

10. I have a little crush on both Mike Rowe and Anthony Bourdain.

8.

Labels:



4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY!!
Congrats on Booger's first day of kindergarten!! Did you cry when you dropped her off? I have vivid memories of feeling bereft. Twice. I got over it and have managed to stifle the sobs when my kids go off to Middle School each morning.
As to your oven, what's the FIRST thing you'll bake??
Why orange? Not that I am defending blue or anything, but I am intrigued as to the shift... 'Splain?

Blogger Kizz said...

Ah Monsieur Bourdain. He's in heavy rotation at my house these days, too. There was a marathon on yesterday and I DVR'd it all. The Uzbekistan one was a but much but I'm in the middle of the Miami one and liking it a lot. The New York one sent me into paroxysms of pleasure, I just want to go to all the favorite restaurants and bars he mentioned and stalk him.

Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

The first day of kindergarten wasn't NEARLY as hard for me as the first day of first grade was (and, surprisingly, third grade for Beanie. I had to leave the school yard before I completely lost it when she started last week. Gah!).

I, too, bake to unwind, so I'm sending you good oven energy.

Give R love from me - and save some for yourself, okay?

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that R is making progress! I have to agree with Mr. Rowe, he's mighty cute, although I've never seen this Anthony Bourdain fellow. My oldest started Kindy as well and is thoroughly enjoying herself. I'm glad you're getting your oven fixed, I would die without mine. Enjoy your Nintendo!

Leann

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer