Thursday, July 26, 2007
We're home!
We arrived home late Tuesday afternoon. I'm exhausted, so I'm quite sure R (Mr. Snob) is even more exhausted. I was going to write the story anyway, but he specifically asked me to do it, so we don't forget any of the details. It was a hell of a few days, that's for sure. So, I'm working on our story and will likely post it in increments...I'm thinking sections like Prologue, Surgery Day, Recovery, Post-Op Hospital Stay, and Healing At Home. Something like that, anyway.

I'm struggling with putting my thoughts in order and I'm still adjusting to being home. Yesterday was my first day of normal food and I celebrated that by puking my guts out. So perhaps I will continue my self-diagnosed bland diet. I think I've consumed more Diet Coke in a week that most people do all year. :-)

Anyway, I wanted to let you know we were home. Most of the hurdles have been overcome. R is still having some breathing/lung expansion issues. And obviously pain. Oh, holy wow the pain.

More tomorrow....I'm working on the first part of the story.

Labels:



6 Comments:

Blogger Kizz said...

Welcome home! Glad you were able to bring home the bacon.

OK, was that too much? Sorry, I had to throw in a joke somewhere.

Here's to better days ahead!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you're home!!!

Blogger The Grammar Snob said...

Thanks Kizz and Bat Man!!! And Kizz, that was perfect. Made me laugh out loud!!!

Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

Welcome home, Snob. I'm glad that your family is back in its space, where it belongs.

I love the idea of serializing your story. I can hardly wait to read it.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're home! I'd ask you to give Roy a hug, but I don't want you to hurt him, so blow him a kiss from me! I look forward to reading more. Take care.

Leann

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome home!

Tell your hubby he's allowed to do as much swhining as he needs to... (ehem)

I am so leased you'll share your story and I am so looking forward to reading it.

E-HUGS!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer