Thursday, March 20, 2008
Ten Things Tuesday
I love dessert. In all honesty, I could totally skip the main dish and just eat dessert. Not to say I don't love the main dish, because I do. Actually, I like the side dishes more than the main dish and dessert more than the sides. Sheesh, I'm complicated. Because I have such an affection for dessert, I have a wide array of favorites. They vary from the very basic homemade concoctions to elaborate restaurant overpriced towers of sugar. Here are ten of my favorites, in no particular oder. What are your favorites?

1. Pineapple upside down cake. Baked about 4 minutes too long so that the corners are extra crunchy. With extra cherries.

2. Slighty-thawed frozen blueberries with frozen Cool Whip. I can almost convince myself it's ice cream, HEALTHY HEALTHY ice cream.

3. Cold Stone Creamery. My usual is cheesecake ice cream topped with black cherries and mini chocolate chips.

4. Graham crackers dipped in frosting.

5. Cheesecake. Enough said.

6. Chocolate cake with buttercream frosting.

7. Creme Brulee', though I never get to have it because I'm cheap and tend to not order it. I need one of those handy torches so I can make it at home.

8. Peanut butter pie.

9. Strawberry shortcake when strawberries are in season.

10. Peanut butter apple crisp.

Labels:



3 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

Mmmmm! Send me the pineapple upside down cake and I'll post it as a guest post in Mrs. Chili's Kitchen.

I, too, love dessert. Rice pudding, chocolate babycakes (recipe forthcoming), chocolate chip cookies... MMMMMM!

Blogger Kizz said...

Dude, I love dessert. Actually I love all the courses in the same order that you do. Let's see... 10 favorite desserts:

1. Ben & Jerry's Reverse Chocolate Chunk w/hot fudge. Retired flavor. SOB!

2. Chocolate lava cake.

3. Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting.

4. Red Velvet cake with cream cheese frosting.

5. My best friend's signature chocolate cake.

6. That thing where you take a box cake and make it with pudding and chocolate chips.

7. Strawberries dipped in sour cream and brown sugar.

8. Cook & Serve chocolate pudding hot from the pan.

9. Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies.

10. This weird chocolate dumpling sort of pudding cake my mom makes.

Dude, I'm starving now.

Blogger Unknown said...

1. Cinnamon rolls hot out of the oven.

2. Cheesecake...ANY kind!

3. Apple pie a la mode.

4. Bread pudding with rum sauce.

5. Ben & Jerry's One Sweet Whirled.

6. Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting.

7. Snickerdoodles.

8. Creme Brulee.

9. Pumpkin Pistachio Cannoli (I have a great recipe)

10. Sweet potato pie

Hell, I could go on, but then I would have to raid the fridge!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer