Tuesday, September 02, 2008
I did the right thing......right?
Last year Booger had some trouble with a boy in her class. He is very aggressive in nature. Last year I tried to blow it off a bit saying things like "sometimes kids just get carried away" or "maybe he likes you and doesn't know how to show it." Things like that.



Today, she came home for the (at least) sixth time today complaining that this boy choked her at recess. Now, she's not bruised or anything....but still. She is affected enough to mention it when she gets home.



I called the Dean of Students today and discussed it with him. He's new to our school, but already knew the kid I was talking about. He didn't know Booger but asked me to have her introduce herself so he could keep his eyes on her during recess. He was very supportive and understanding. I feel better telling the school, but still can't shake the feeling of "oh, great. I've turned into THAT mom."



I'm not THAT mom, am I?

Labels:



4 Comments:

Blogger Kizz said...

If you were THAT mom you would have insisted the boy get pulled from class or worse pressed charges. All you asked was for extra eyes on a situation that you can't see. That's not unreasonable.

Blogger The Grammar Snob said...

Thanks, Kizz. Really. I feel better already.

Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

CHOKING?! SERIOUSLY? It's a wonder you were able to keep your head about you.

No, you're not THAT mom. The fact that you were even-handed and rational puts you leagues ahead of THOSE moms. Kizz is right in her assessment of THAT kind of behavior. I don't think it's anything you ever have to worry about.

Blogger Unknown said...

You did the right thing. There was nothing irrational in your decision.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer