Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Concerts
O'Mama recently wrote about the Indigo Girls concert she just attended and posted the question "what was the last concert you attended?" I can't remember, but thought listing them might spark my memory. My taste in music is quite eclectic and is proven by the different concerts I've attended.

1. I think it was Hootie and the Blowfish - Summer 2006 We've seen them at least 2, but I think 3 times. DTE (The old Pine Knob) and the Zoo.

2. Counting Crows - I've seen them at least 3 times. Once, during a concert at the zoo ampitheater, the sun was setting, the stage lights in full force, it was raining during the song "Rain King." It was so cool.

3. Aerosmith - probably around 1993. Joe Perry is hot. The end.

4. Metallica - around 1993 or 1994 - when did the Black Album come out?

5. Natalie Merchant - 1995 She was so freaking good in concert.

6. Brian McKnight - 1998

7. George Winston - 2003 or so - this man did more with a piano that you can ever imagine. At one point, he practically climbed inside and played the strings like an upright bass. It was amazing.

8. Pantera - 1993 or so. Yes, really. I was even in the mosh pit for a second.

I am having a brain cramp and can't think of others, though I know there are. These are the people I'd LIKE to see in concert.

1. Prince

2. George Michael

3. Bon Jovi - Don't laugh.



A week and a half left of summer semester. My ass has utterly been kicked but I'm almost done. I'm literally home for about 5 hours a week other than sleeping. Holy crap a summer class was a bad idea.

How are you doing?

Labels:



4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I think the last concert I may have seen was Weird Al Yankovich if you can believe that one. That was a few years ago. I would really like to see U2, but concert prices are crazy! I can remember paying not even $20 for the KISS concert I went to in high school. My first official concert was Leif Garrett! LOL! Here are bands I have seen, in no random order, I don't remember the dates...

Bon Jovi (1986) with .38 Special

Guns n Roses

Skid Row

Queesnryche (twice)

Ronnie James Dio (twice)

Whitesnake

Air Supply (YES, Air Supply!)

Dokken/Slaughter/Cinderella/Poison

Boston

Stevie Nicks

Aerosmith

Rush

Motley Crue

Clay Aiken (twice...YES, twice!)

Lilith Fair

LA Guns

Bullet Boys

Sleeze Beez

Great White

Ted Nugent

This is all I can pull off the top of my head. I've kept most of my concert stubs.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay about the end of your course and your being able to spend more time at home soon! What course are you taking?

Cool concert list.

Let's see, I saw U2, but way back in 84, and in 87, Duran Duran in early 80s (yeah, yeah), Depeche Mode, Phil Collins, then Genesis, Crowded House, the Alarm, Billy Joel, Sting (drool), and although I KNOW I've forgotten many, the Indigo Girls. Six times.

Doing well - I'm going to get my hands on my kids for the first time since the 25th of June, in four days...!

Blogger Kizz said...

I've seen almost no one famous in concert. Weird people, though. Billy Joel, Prince, Tori Amos, Toshi Reagon, Suzanne Vega (twice!), Jonatha Brooke, October Project and that's all I can think of. I love live music but I don't go very often and I tend to go see people I know personally.

Blogger Lanie said...

You listed Prince and George Michael,but you think we're gonna laugh at Bon Jovi????

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer