Monday, February 11, 2008
Update
"In my house, anyone who uses one word when they could have used ten just isn't trying hard."
~Martin Sheen as President Bartlet on The West Wing.

I have to write 5 two page papers for my psych class throughout the semester. We can turn these papers in anytime and I turned my first one in last week. I didn't really know what to expect from it. The directions are vague - 1 to 2 page reflection paper about something we talked or read about the previous week. No research, sources, etc. Simply critical thinking and applying something we learned in class to real life. I don't really do vague. Don't get me wrong, I can spew 2 pages on anything (which is probably why I like the above quote so much!) I turned in the paper and received a grade of 19 out of 20. I'm thrilled with that, though disappointed that I didn't get 20. God, I'm such a perfectionist. I realized, though, that I can NOT proof read my own stuff. I forgot how much I suck at it. I can proof the hell out of someone else's. But when I proof my own, I just don't see the mistakes, I read it as it should be, not as it is. I'm sure this isn't uncommon. Anyway, since R read it and missed a few things, I am tempted to just post the next one here and ask to have it edited. You game? I know you are!

Remember the first Psych quiz I was so worked up about? Well, we've already had another one....I'm doing really well in that class and have aced both quizzes! I have high B in Anatomy, but my exam in the lab this week should help bring that up. I am surprized how much I'm enjoying myself. I studied for about 5 hours on Sunday and so far I love it. I'm sure I'll be stressing out at some point, but for now, I'm doing pretty well.

Labels: ,



2 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

Did you not hear me when I said you can email me your papers and I'll proof them for you? I can't proof my own stuff, either; I'm not sure ANYONE is particularly good at that - you need fresh eyes.

That is one of my favorite WW quotes. It's practically my motto...

I knew you'd rock this college thing!

Blogger Kizz said...

I'm a really good proof reader, you can send me any of your stuff for fresh eyes, too.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer