Sunday, March 30, 2008
For Chili
Chili's been waxing poetic about students who are unhappy with their failing grades. She's copied emails so we can poke fun of and roll our eyes at the sheer lack of grammar skills. We're shallow, so what.

Do you remember the guy I told you about in my Psych class who said he failed a test because his lecture notes printed in the wrong order? This guy emailed THE WHOLE CLASS instead of the professor with the reason he could not attend class this evening. Now, I'd like to preface this by saying that I am in no way making fun of having a sick family member and I'm so aware of the potential Karmic Retributions that I almost didn't post this at all. That said, here's the email. Word for word, spacing just as it was on the email.

This message is regarding a family member on life support at the [redacted name of medical institution].Iknow we have a quiz on chapters 17&18 and Ihave to turn in my reflection paper.I do not want miss class but these are tough times for me and my family. I am willing to do any amount of extra credit or whatever you seem that I should do.

Seriously? Wow, just....wow.

Labels: ,



5 Comments:

Blogger Kizz said...

And yet social promotion continues. Yikes.

Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

Seriously. These are ADULTS. How about taking a little responsibility?!

I'm loving that I'm not the only one dealing with drooling morons, though. It would be sad to think that we here have the bulk of the idiot population - it's nice to know they're spread around...

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I certainly have my share of the written-communication challenged; despite beginning every semester with a conversation about how NOT to send emails to people who may have a hand in directing your future, I get some drolling morons who are so fricken lazy and feel so entitled to a great grade, they are entirely lax about minor things like punctuation, capitalization or heaven forbid, spellchecking. I should be inured, yet it's STILL galling.
foam...froth...rant

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, how many times has Grand Ma Ma died anyway?

This kid will run out of relatives before the last semster. Tell him he should watch out what he asks for.

Blogger The Grammar Snob said...

Laurie,

That's the Karmic stuff that kept me from doing that when I was in school the first time. Don't mess with Karma, baby!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer