Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Ten Things - Random version
1. I've already fallen off the NaBlo wagon. I'll get back on, but am so disappointed...it just simply slipped my mind.

2. One of my friends inside the computer just lost a dear son-in-law. It's a stark reminder of how lucky Mr. Snob was with his quick recovery. I will hold him extra tight today. Stop by Gerry's place and if you are so inclined, offer words of support.

3. It's cold. I hate it already.

4. This semester is almost over. I have a rough draft argument paper due tomorrow. I haven't started. God, I'm such a procrastinator.

5. Problem with the argument paper is that I don't know what to argue. Can't be anything on the professor's list - abortion, death penalty, etc. Might take a stab at term limits. If it goes well, I'll post it.

6. Did I mention it was cold? And that I hate it?

7. A dear friend is pregnant with triplet boys...they're arriving soon and I'm beside myself with excitement.

8. Booger's teacher had nothing but nice things to say about her during our parent-teacher conference. I'm so lucky she chose me!

9. I am loving not working retail this holiday season.

10. The dead flowers outside my window at work make me sad. I think I'll cut them down.

Labels: ,



7 Comments:

Blogger Kizz said...

If you decide on term limits and want a little research direction they're trying to change term limits here in NYC. Mayor Bloomberg wants to stay on a third term and the city council approved it without a vote from constituents. Seems sketchy to me, though I do think he might be the right leader for the current state of the economy.

Blogger The Grammar Snob said...

Thanks, Kizz. That was the story that made me think of it.

Also, the quote from The West Wing from Jed Bartlet...
"We do have term limits...they are called elections."

Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

It JUST SO HAPPENS that I'm starting debate and persuasion with my writing classes at Local U. this week. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help, because I'm neck-deep in it here anyway.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stop procrastinating!! Er, also, good luck and have fun with the term paper...:-)

I'm also not thrilled with the cold and how the changing season has dramatically altered the view out my window: dead sunflowers, leafless trees and a lawn littered with brown flotsam. Sigh. Soon it will all white, as well.

Where's my woolly sweater?

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the shout-out and the comforting words.

We'll be okay, in time.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As for term limits, I personally find it reprehensible (and egomaniacal) that a person who accepts a public office knowing there are term limits decides that rule doesn't include him or her. I think "chutzpah" would cover it.

But then the mega-wealthy have never been known to be shrinking violets.

Blogger Wayfarer said...

Hi GS! I'm sorry it's been so long since I've visited.

On your current post:

1. As a fellow wagon-faller-offer, I applaud you for even taking the time to do it. I'm not sure I can manage it well now, and I'm not in grad school!

3 and 6. Winter will be long and cold, and I am already bitter. And with the cost of heating in the stratosphere, I can't even turn the heat up! Sigh.

8. We just had the PT conferences for our girls, and came away with the same sort of feeling. They are 32 flavors of weird, but they do make us very, very proud!

Shouts out to your husband for doing the race! How does he feel? How goes school?

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer