Wednesday, November 05, 2008
Yes we can.
I'm working on a big post summing up my thoughts from last night.

For now, though, here is part of the text from the speech. I'm curious to know how much President-Elect Obama (!!!) wrote and how much was written by someone else. I think my writing style is more speech-writer than literary work so I'm naturally drawn to good speeches. (Sounds like a potential Ten Things post.)

"This is our chance to answer that call. This is our moment."

“This is our time, to put our people back to work and open doors of opportunity for our kids; to restore prosperity and promote the cause of peace; to reclaim the American dream and reaffirm that fundamental truth, that, out of many, we are one; that while we breathe, we hope. And where we are met with cynicism and doubts and those who tell us that we can’t, we will respond with that timeless creed that sums up the spirit of a people: Yes, we can."

Yes we can.....and it feels so good.

Labels: ,



3 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

I'm still getting goosebumps and my eyes are welling up. The Cranky Yankee in me is trying to maintain balance, of course, but I've never been so energized and optimistic about our collective future.

Blogger Misti Ridiculous said...

I thought I was down from the ledge, then read the quotes and got all squishy again.
I LOVE the Ten Things Speech idea. Do it. DO it!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm still swoony too - it's all very exciting to be this enthused and optimistic - despite dire times - by a leader.

As a lover of speeches myself, go for it next week!!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer