Tuesday, May 01, 2007
Ten Things
Well, look. Once again I've blown a week without telling you what's going on. And there's been alot to share, too. Sorry about the lack of updating. My last day of work is approaching (May 11) and I'm alternating between pure bliss and achy achy pitiful. But! The end is near!! And I shall learn to relax. Or something.

Anyway, my mother-in-laws 70-th birthday party was fantastic. Since it's Ten Things Day, I'll break it down list-style. I'm cool like that. (and clearly have had too much caffeine)

1. First, I took the shoes back. THE shoes. You remember them from last week, don't you? Well, 3 hours of salary just didn't justify them, so they were returned. I wore another cute pair that I had for about an hour then put on my cute flip flops. I wore too-long pants, so no one even noticed.

2. My pedicure on Thursday was cool, but lucky for me Walgreens had a close to matching shade of polish since you know I wasn't able to even get home without screwing up THREE toes. (Holy run on sentence.) Sheesh, pedicure guy, next time, just pour the polish straight out of the bottle, it was on that thick! Also, the color name I found at Walgreens? Vixen. Rawr. :-)

3. My outfit was okay...but my hair was a disaster. No one else thought so, but why do I insist on doing something drastic like straightening (partially) my hair for a big event? Straightened it 3 separate times that day and still it curled up and frizzed all to hell by the end of the night.

4. My mother-in-law seemed to enjoy the evening. She changed her wardrobe THREE TIMES. I am not kidding.

5. I had too much to drink. Not too too much, but more than I wished I had. Didn't embarrass myself or anything, but looking at some of the pictures, you can see it in my face.

6. Speaking of pictures, once again, we're all dressed up, both my AND Mr. Snob's family in attendance and not one fucking family picture. We are ridiculous.

7. More picture speak - I need to start walking again. Sheesh. Yuck. How is it that you think you look good, then see a picture and....uh, not so much.

8. Mr. Snob's personality shines at these events and it is always a joy to watch him have so much fun.

9. The food was fantastic. Not that I got to eat more than 2 bites of it. Had I, the alcohol intake would have been okay.

10. The brunch the next day though? OMG, so good I'm still thinking about it!

So, overall, a great weekend. Exhausting, but great. This month is all about exhausting. We have something planned for the following dates:
May 4, 5, 6, 7, 11, 12, 13, 18, 19, 20, 22, 26, 27. Whew! Good thing I won't be working!!!

Labels:



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

UGH! You MISSED family pictures?! NO ONE got one? Yikes. There are so few good opportunites for that kind of thing, it's a shame to let any of them go to waste!

How many times do I have to TELL YOU!? You have GORGEOUS hair. Quit trying to force it do do things it doesn't want and you'll be beautiful.

And what the hell is it about pictures that make us look SO much worse than we think we do? Are we really just kidding ourselves, or does the camera really add 10 lbs?

I LOVE your posts. I'm hoping that, with all those plans and no job to go to, you'll be able to indulge my Snob fix a little more often... :)

Blogger The Grammar Snob said...

Chili,
Next time, I promise to just leave my hair natural. Mark my words.

I think the camera adds 35 pounds, but I might be shortchanging it a bit!

I promise to post more. It's one of my goals. I might challenge myself to a post a day for a bit.

Thank you for the kind words. Hit the spot today....I needed them.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second Mrs. Chili: I've also missed your posting!
Interesting lessons to learn at these family gatherings, no? Glad to hear you decided to return the shoes in the face of the potential agonizing - safest bet. All in all, sounds like a blast, with great food to boot.
7. I just saw photos of the big Seder I had and I appeared old, exhausted and greyish. Stupid lying camera. Sounds like you have one too. Wanna come walking way up here?

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer