Thursday, November 27, 2008
Thankful
In this day of working too much, going to school, successfully managing roles of wife, mother, daughter, sister, and friend...I often neglect telling people I love I am thankful for them.

Every Thanksgiving, or about a week before, I decide to write little note cards out for those I am thankful for and passing them our or mailing them. I do this every stinking year. Then Thanksgiving rolls around and I'm too chicken shit to follow through.

My niece and I talked a little bit about this and we decided to try a different idea. It's one I've seen elsewhere on the Internet, but can't remember where. We're taking a basket, some smallish pieces of paper and some writing utensils. We'll leave the basket out with a sign that simply says, "I am thankful for..." Periodically throughout the day we'll take turns reading the deposited slips of paper aloud. No one needs to sign them and I am quite sure some funny ones will end up in there as well. My niece has already declared she is thankful for Orlando Bloom!

I have so much to be thankful for. Mr. Snob, Booger, my family and friends, and many of you....my dear friends inside the computer. I hope we get to meet someday, I'd like to be able to tell you in person how much your endless support helps me in my daily life.


3 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

I'm thankful for you, too! Have a happy day.

Blogger Wayfarer said...

What a wonderful idea! May we adapt it for use at Wayfarer House?

I hope your Thanksgiving is tranquil (even if it's full of activity), and you feel full in more ways than from the food (although that's good, too)!

Blogger Lanie said...

My mother in law did this one year, and I wrote down that I was "thankful that nobody found out what I did" and we all had a good guffaw

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer