Tuesday, January 06, 2009
Run, JRH, run!
Remember Mr. Snob's marathon? I sure do. It changed him forever....he's begun training for the Cleveland Marathon with a warm-up half marathon here in Holy Toledo in April. I'm considering walking the half marathon. I haven't run in years and use the excuse of a bad knee, but mostly I'm lazy. Here's the thing, though. Mr. Snob has a huge scar on his chest and I...well, don't. Guess the excuses I could come up with don't hold water. Mr. Snob ran for and runs for the American Heart Association.

One of my friends inside the computer is running the Disney Marathon. I bet that will be a fun one! Anyway, she's running for the Humane Society for Greater Nashua. If you can skip a Diet Coke today, send her the buck, will you?

http://www.firstgiving.com/juliehorton

Good luck, JRH!

Labels:



5 Comments:

Blogger Kizz said...

Thanks so much for spreading the word. She's so close, I'd really like to see her hit the goal. She's done a great job getting this close but the Capricorn in me hates to miss the exact number.

If you decide to walk one please let me know. I'll send Luna bars!

Blogger JRH said...

Thanks so much! I appreciate it, and the dogs and cats do too.

Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

It's exciting that she's doing this (though I think she's more than a little crazy... then again, I think ANYONE who runs 27 miles is a little crazy, but what do I know...?)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crazy AND inspired. Good luck, JRH!!

Blogger Wayfarer said...

It's been a while since you've posted. I expect you're just busy doing school (I soooo remember what that's like), but I thought I'd check in to see if all is well in GSLand.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer