Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Ten Things Tuesday
The what’s on my mind right this minute edition.

1. I have been spending a fair amount of time thinking about my friend, Chili. She is going through a really tough time right now. I am doing what I can from here to help her. I do this by pausing to be still for a moment and focus some energy toward her. If you can today, please send her some energy, I know she’d appreciate it.

2. I’m a little nervous about my workload and course load in the Fall. I’ll be all kinds of busy with 11 credit hours (which doesn’t include 8 hours of clinical work…so 19 hours really) and 32 hours of work. I always function better when busy, but this might be challenging that system a wee bit.

3. My niece is having a gigantic party to celebrate her 18th birthday (and HS graduation.) It’s a traditional Filipino “debut”. Not unlike an old school debutant ball – a rather fancy affair with a royal court and such. It will be lovely and the court has been practicing a waltz and tango with some modern dancing thrown in for good measure. I’ve enjoyed watching the practices and love that the court appreciates my presence.

4. Last year, I started wearing a charm bracelet by Pandora. It now holds 17 charms, each one holding special meaning. I love this bracelet and the things represented in it. Perhaps a ten things for next week talking about the charms.

5. Jeff Buckley’s version of “Hallelujah” is one of my most favorite songs. I’ve heard many versions of the song, but his speaks to my soul.

6. I am very VERY excited to see the upcoming movie version of Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. So much so that I’m considering driving 45 minutes north to see it in IMAX. I’m guessing I’ll see it several times in the theater and am just giddy with excitement. It looks to be the best one yet!

7. I’m looking for a new book to read….any suggestions? With that, I have read great things about the Kindle2 electronic book thingy. I’m not sure I’m ready to give up paper pages, though.

8. I am hella behind on housecleaning. Seems like I’m never home. Probably because I’m never home. Do you think hiring a cleaning service for a one time cleaning would cost more than a hundred bucks?

9. My black sandals that I wear every single day to work in the summer have perished. I’m on the hunt for new ones and am having a heck of a time. The deceased sandals were 3 years old and were casual and dressy all at the same time. I wore them with my work clothes, my weekend clothes, they were the perfect pair. I’m sad they’re gone.

10. I’m in love with my Blackberry. Much more than I should be….but it’s love!

Labels:



3 Comments:

Blogger Kizz said...

Try The Cellist of Sarjevo for a book. Try Aerosoles.com for sandals. Please post pictures of that 18th birthday party!

Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

Thank you for the love; if I hold still, I can feel it, and it makes a difference.

Anonymous Bat Man said...

When you get a chance.. what's the advantage of a blackberry? Just curious.

Though I'm technology minded, I've yet to cross into the blackberry world and it seems to be just too much to pay for a phone.

Bat Man...

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer