Thursday, February 19, 2009
Will you join us?
I'm putting what little anonymity this site has aside to post this. Thanks for reading and supporting us. (I have more posts...lots to catch up with you about....but wanted to do this while it was fresh in my mind.)I'll be checking once posted to make sure the linky link works :-) Hope you are all well!

Dear Friends,

You all know the American Heart Association is very important to me. This year we are creating our own team (last year R walked with his cardiac rehab group) in an effort to encourage our family and friends to walk with us. The AHA has supported the research that made Roy's heart valve replacement possible. As many of you know, Roy's new valve will not last forever...it's research that we rely on to give us more and better options in the future.

We would love for you to join us as we walk for the AHA on Saturday, May 16 at the University of Toledo. We will be also accepting donations up until that date. Any amount of donation is happily accepted. Could you forego a soda with lunch and donate that dollar to our cause? All those single dollars add up and make a very big difference.

Thank you very much for being a part of our lives. We couldn't have made it through his recovery without you. Roy and I are better people because of those surrounding us.

Thanks,
Amy, Roy, and Anna

Official stuff below:

Join us as we walk for the American Heart Association!

Unfortunately, too many of us have a loved one affected by heart disease or stroke. As the leading cause of death in this country, cardiovascular disease claims almost as many lives each year as the next 7 leading causes of death combined. To help stop this, I am creating a team of walkers to help me raise funds for the American Heart Association and I'm asking you to join me.

Our team will be participating in this year's Start! Heart Walk by walking and by raising funds that are needed for heart disease and stroke research and education. To join my team, click on the link below and you will be taken to my web page. On my web page, click My Team Page and Join our Team to register online! You can use the online fund-raising tool to email your friends, family and colleagues to ask them to support our team and our cause! The more people we have working to defeat heart disease and stroke-the better, so please join me today!

Follow This Link to visit my personal web page and help me in my efforts to support American Heart Association - Toledo, OH

******************************************************************************
Some email systems do not support the use of links and therefore this link may not appear to work. If so, copy and paste the following into your browser:
http://heartwalk.kintera.org/faf/r.asp?t=4&i=283931&u=283931-246993704&e=2239134358
******************************************************************************

Labels:



1 Comments:

Blogger Wayfarer said...

I'm passing this on, so that it will be reviewed at the next house meeting. I'll touch base later about it.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer