Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Ten Things
Total random version. Ten things floating around in my head right now.

1. I am eligible to get a new cell phone late next month and am thinking about plunging into the smartphone – connected all the time phone – email and QWERTY and ohmygodwillnevergetanythingelse done phone.

2. The flu appears to have packed up and left Chez Flores. Good riddance, you prick.

3. I need a haircut so desperately that I grabbed the scissors and made long side bangs the other day. Oh, yes I did.

4. Every night I’ve been trying to do just one thing off my list of stuff for the week. Last night I managed two -- cleaning out a big container of old makeup and pulling some old tomes off the shelf for the school’s upcoming used book sale.

5. Last Monday, I got on the treadmill and walked for awhile. I actually even ran for a minute. (Yes, just one minute….don’t judge me  ) That night the flu came hard and fast. I’m still trying to decide if those two events are related so I can perhaps get back on the treadmill.

6. I’m so tired of winter.

7. I loved the Oscars this year. Loved most of the dresses and many of the winners.

8. I am looking for some new music suggestions….fire away.

9. I would really like to take Booger to Niagara Falls this year. Have any of you been there recently?

10. I have a craving for a big, juicy pub-style burger. Yum.

Labels:



6 Comments:

Blogger Kizz said...

Am so hungry. Want burger now.

I will always advocate my friends (searchable on iTunes and CDBaby) when you're looking for new music. Mark Allen Berube, Carolann Solebello, Red Molly, Alex Sniderman, The Nu-Sonics, The Reformationists. They won't let you down. They are, however, all perhaps a little weird.

Blogger The Grammar Snob said...

Weird is good! Thanks for the referrals...will spend some money on them tonight. YOU ROCK!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was at Niagra 7 years ago: define recently? In a crazed and delusional state, I had friends visit with thier 8 and nearly 5 year old and took my nearly five year old and my 2.5 year old on a long trek to the Falls, on the Maid of the Mists (which we all loved) and through mucho touristo stuff, but it was worth it - I do recommend it. Um, and the Canadian side is much prettier than the 'Merican. Just sayin'

I loved the Oscars, too and very much enjoyed Hugh's talents and fabulous biceps...

As for the flu and your treadmill, methinks you should definitely not even THINK about there being a connection long term! You might have got sick anyway and after your fling with the treadmill you probably were a little, um, run down.

I've been away from my glider for a few weeks now and I can't wait to get back into the routine of exercise. I keep thinking of the shorts and tanktops awaiting me in the summer boxes and it spurs me onward.

Hugs!

Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

I can pretty much guarantee you that the running and the flu are NOT related. Of course, the last time I was good and sick, the last thing I remember eating was the olive oil dip from Bertuccis. I know for SURE that the oil wasn't the reason I got sick, but I've not been able to eat the stuff since, so there you go.

I will NEVER judge you for a minute of running. As a matter of fact, I have several playlists on my iPod for walking/running routines (walk for three songs, run for one, that sort of thing). I'll happily send you a couple of them to you if you're interested; I find that the routine goes by MUCH faster (and easier) with good music to distract me.

Blogger Wayfarer said...

1. I'm going the other way with the phone. I have a Tracfone, and am quite happy not to feel like I'm linked to the collective all the time.

5. Your minute is more than I did yesterday, and every day you can do it is a good one. Congratulations!

6. Frickin' winter is pissing me off!

10. [drool]

Got a blackberry last year, and it is my constant companion. I love it. I think I may have avoided the flu this season. Good luck with the treadmill.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer