Monday, January 29, 2007
Titles aren't my thing.
I am not normal. Strange, uncontrollable things cause me drama and worry. I'm very good at drama and worry. Too good. Once my mind gets going about something, I have a hard time pulling it back, even though I know I'm being irrational and ridiculous. Late last week, I had to leave early to be at a meeting 2 1/2 hours from home. Of course, I woke up every hour fearing I would oversleep. Then, as I get ready I start the cycle of ridiculous. Better pick this up, what if your car breaks down or you get into an accident and someone has to come over to let the dog out and see what a slob you are...they get worse, the thoughts in my head, but I won't write them down (in fear of them coming true, yes.) Anyway...this is how you end up scrubbing the toilet with a toothbrush hanging out of your mouth. Not normal. But for the record, I felt better leaving knowing the toilet was clean.

Last night I spent the evening watching the SAG awards and the red carpet hoopla before. I love to watch award shows, love to look at the pretty dresses and how pretty and wow and WTF was SHE thinking. It's a guilty pleasure. Funny how I totally forgot they were on, til Mr. Snob turned on the red carpet thing at 6, already knowing I'd want to watch. He's the best, I tell you. I am not a gossip columnist by any stretch of the imagination, but am sort of a gossip, so I'll give you a few of my thoughts about last night's awards.

Ellen Pompeo - ick. Hair, dress...all of it ick. So sad.
Sandra Oh - Fantastic
Katherine Heigl - Love you and your dress, but the hair? Not so much.
America Ferrera - you are so pretty. Normal, yet beautiful.
Julie Andrews - you looked amazing. Simply amazing. Though your husband isn't aging well.
Vanessa Williams - redeemed yourself after the Golden Globe dress/hair monstrosity.

I should quit, probably, before my glass house shatters from all the stones I'm throwing.

Booger's been sick this weekend. Which breaks my heart, but I do really love the extra snuggling time. She seems to be bouncing back, must have just been a bad cold. Let's hope.

Have a great week, my friends.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love to look at all the dresses, too. I'm STILL reeling over Halle Barry's gold and brown number from the Oscars a few years back - I'm not sure anyone could ever top that.

Sadly, my life does not include fancy, dress up occasions. I have a gorgeous black gown in my closet, though, just in case one ever comes up...

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer